Friday, April 10, 2015

Log Press 4/10

77 days until Nationals

Log is not my favorite but I'm training for United States Strongman Nationals and log is an event at Nationals. Not just any log either..  A heavy log. 150 pounds. My current max is 130# and today I started a Wendler 5-3-1 cycle to see what type of progress I can make. Overhead is always hard for me but we will see! 

Today's progression:

Warmup:
Clean/Press with bar
45 lb * 5 reps
Clean/Press Log
65 * 5
80 * 3

Main Sets:
Clean/Press Log
85 * 5
95 * 5
105 * 5

I split jerked these five and took a but of a break between each. I cleaned every rep. The cleans felt great and strong. I think I finally have the idea of how to lap and clean the log efficiently and effectively.  The jerk or press on the other hand felt slow and sluggish. I think I'm worn out from lack of sleep and I'm likely still recovering from last weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment